my laptop HDD got dead or corrupt need to recover data !!

shubhamcr7

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
my laptop compaq 510 got crashed few days ago sooo i tried many things to make it start , i have tried while connecting to computer and it does not show up in laptop it show's non-system disk or disk error after research i found it is now dead but i need to recover my important data please help me i am stuck please help ...........!!!!!

You can get a USB-SATA adapter and remove the drive from your laptop and hook it up to a different computer. WD, Seagate, etc has disk tool software to attempt to fix their brand of drive so you can try that if the drive does not open correctly when plugged into the other computer.

If that does not work then you just out of luck. If the data was that important then you should not have trusted it to a single point of failure (your hard drive). Anything important should be backed up. For files and small picture/music libraries there are countless online storage solutions like dropbox, google drive, etc, etc; there is no excuse for not having data backed up somewhere.
Everyone learns some lessons the hard way in their youth, just learn from it.

You can get a USB-SATA adapter and remove the drive from your laptop and hook it up to a different computer. WD, Seagate, etc has disk tool software to attempt to fix their brand of drive so you can try that if the drive does not open correctly when plugged into the other computer.

If that does not work then you just out of luck. If the data was that important then you should not have trusted it to a single point of failure (your hard drive). Anything important should be backed up. For files and small picture/music libraries there are countless online storage solutions like dropbox, google drive, etc, etc; there is no excuse for not having data backed up somewhere.
Everyone learns some lessons the hard way in their youth, just learn from it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nouseofthis1323424 Laptop General Discussion 1
Anna hita Laptop General Discussion 10
Glitchheaz Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
Relicx Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 3
ayin Laptop General Discussion 6
R Laptop General Discussion 1
CarlsoNegro Laptop General Discussion 2
Smokey Mc Laptop General Discussion 7