My laptop is lagging too much pla help me

hawthe

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
I really dont know what category this question belong to but pls help when i turn on my lap top it laggs too much and even when i open applications or folders it takes minutes before it opens pls help i really dont know what to do coz i really have no idea about these things please help ;<

Solution
Hi there hawthe,

I would agree with hang-the-9. There's a chance that your HDD is failing. Just back up the data stored on the drive and test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

If the HDD is in a healthy state, then you can boot into safe mode and see if the issue persists. In case it does, then most probably, there's something wrong with a hardware component. It may be a good idea to take it to a repair shop, or to contact the place you got it from. (if under warranty)
The the laptop works just fine when in safe mode, then a clean OS install might fix the issue.

Have you cleaned the dust out of it recently?

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Need full system specs, laptop brand/mode/operating system.did you already do a virus and spyware scan? Maybe a failing hard drive, boot into the BIOS and see if there is an option to scan the drive. If not, you can install CrystalDisk and run a health check using that.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there hawthe,

I would agree with hang-the-9. There's a chance that your HDD is failing. Just back up the data stored on the drive and test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

If the HDD is in a healthy state, then you can boot into safe mode and see if the issue persists. In case it does, then most probably, there's something wrong with a hardware component. It may be a good idea to take it to a repair shop, or to contact the place you got it from. (if under warranty)
The the laptop works just fine when in safe mode, then a clean OS install might fix the issue.

Have you cleaned the dust out of it recently?

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution