Solved! my laptop is not using my gpu

Solution
Hiiii! So first off im new and i just wanna help but I may or may not be right.

So i also have a laptop with a similar issue but I think it only uses the dedicated GPU (GTX 1650) when you are doing something like gaming or a similar high load task.
Because the GTX 1650 needs more power to function, the laptop opts to use the Vega graphics when on the desktop or on light loads in order to save energy and increase battery life.

I also think you should be able to select the required GPU in the settings of a game menu and you should be able to dedicate some apps to use that GPU instead of the Redeon graphics through the corresponding settings.
May 5, 2021
Hiiii! So first off im new and i just wanna help but I may or may not be right.

So i also have a laptop with a similar issue but I think it only uses the dedicated GPU (GTX 1650) when you are doing something like gaming or a similar high load task.
Because the GTX 1650 needs more power to function, the laptop opts to use the Vega graphics when on the desktop or on light loads in order to save energy and increase battery life.

I also think you should be able to select the required GPU in the settings of a game menu and you should be able to dedicate some apps to use that GPU instead of the Redeon graphics through the corresponding settings.

Solution
Aug 9, 2021
ok thanks man for the reply.
giphy.gif

Reactions: HappyFace_YEET05

TRENDING THREADS