my laptop is REALLY SLOW even after factory reset!!!

metallicafan

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015
So a few months ago I had a BSOD (blue screen of death) with this error code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP: 0x0000007A
I couldn't get to windows at all! :(
So I decided to factory reset my laptop!
But even after this reset my computer is really slow, I mean like just to go to google it takes like 10 minutes!
It's even slower then it was before (before it wasn't slow at all!).
Please help me!
I have a Packard Bell easynote LK13
operating program: Windows 7
Specs: CPU/SoCAMD: Fusion E-350CPU 1,66GHz
memory: 6GB DDR3 (SODIMM)
Hard drive type: 5400rpm HDD storage: 500GB
Videochip: Radeon HD6310M
If you need more information, just ask!
Many thanks! :)

Solution
ok, yellow means it's time to backup your data and get a new disk drive. 55C is ok for the cpu. first of all get a backup of your personal/important data. a "yellow" disk drive can fail at any moment. means it has relocated some bad sectors already, it's not quite defective yet but close.

so.. backup your data, get a new harddrive. like suggested above, a ssd drive will be much faster but it can be also a bit more expensive.

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
likely culprits are hdd or cpu overheating
- hdd you can check with crystal disk info the s.m.a.r.t values for it (usually tells you when it's about to go). to make sure, get a linux on cd and see how that works. if also slow and smart values are all within limits it's not the hdd
- cpu overheating you can check with for example coretemp. if it does overheat you need to either open it up yourself and clean all the fans properly (and reaply thermal paste) or take it to a repair shop where they will do it for a small fee. i'm guessing it's no longer in warranty, right?

metallicafan

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

first of all, sorry for my late reaction!
so, I have no idea how to do a S.M.A.R.T check :??:
I can't do a check for my CPU, just because it's so slow.
& nope it's no longer in warenty
:/

metallicafan

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

how can I switch to ssd
btw can I buy another hard drive and just replace it or is that a bad idea?

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

read my reply please, download the crystal disk info app and the coretemp one and post your results:
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/62506/CrystalDiskInfo6_3_0.zip/?use_mirror=jaist
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/php/download.php?id=3 (or http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/php/download.php?id=2 if you have a 32bits windows)
crystal disk info will load a small window with the info on your hard drive. if it's used up the big button for the hdd will say caution (yellow) or bad (red)
coretemp you will see again as a small window, it will display your cpu temperatures. (if it's over 60-70 it's overheating)

metallicafan

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

Coretemp says my cpu is 55 degrees celsius.
and crystaldisk says yellow (caution)

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
ok, yellow means it's time to backup your data and get a new disk drive. 55C is ok for the cpu. first of all get a backup of your personal/important data. a "yellow" disk drive can fail at any moment. means it has relocated some bad sectors already, it's not quite defective yet but close.

so.. backup your data, get a new harddrive. like suggested above, a ssd drive will be much faster but it can be also a bit more expensive.

Solution