Question My laptop is running slowly

Jan 2, 2020
I went on a 2 day trip, without using my laptop, and once I come back it started running very slowly. It worked perfectly fine before I left. However, there was also very minimal weather interference. At the moment, it has been pouring rain for a few days, and a few other neighborhoods have even loss power for a bit. Could the weather be the cause of this or is there a larger issue with my laptop?

Dec 30, 2019
It seems not the weather.
What is the specific phenomenon of the slowing? Are there any programs running in the background? Or is the anti-virus software scanning?
You can perform a clean boot to see whether it's working
  1. type MSConfig in start search and hit Enter to open the System Configuration Utility
  2. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup. Clear the Load Startup Items check box, and ensure that Load System Services and Use Original boot configuration are checked
  3. Next, click the Services tab. Select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box. Now click Disable all.
  4. Click Apply/OK and restart the computer. This will put Windows into a Clean Boot State.