My laptop is slow

benjamin91609

Commendable
Apr 24, 2018
My Gateway Laptop is good but I did not read the stickers it says Intel Centino Duo and Designed for Windows XP and Vista so I ended up installing windows 7 I read the stickers and put windows xp on a Virual Mashine but that is also slow Help Me!

Solution
That system is going to run slow no matter what OS you're running. Even if you installed the maximum RAM, it would still run slow. Operating systems have just gotten too large to run smoothly on such low-end hardware.

-Wolf sends

benjamin91609

Commendable
Apr 24, 2018

So it is in the MX seris of Laptop (MX6960 I think) It has a Centrino Duo clocked a 1 ghz a Very rare laptop on eBay has a Dial-Up Modem S-Video and VGA and a "Ultrabright Widescreen"

That system is going to run slow no matter what OS you're running. Even if you installed the maximum RAM, it would still run slow. Operating systems have just gotten too large to run smoothly on such low-end hardware.

-Wolf sends

Solution

remixislandmusic

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
That laptop is very old and underpowered for any sort of virtualization in virtual box. Windows 7 will be slow aswell because of the cpu limitations. Windows xp would be fast if it was installed onto the laptop rather than a vm. When running a vm you are forcing the laptop to run windows xp and win 7 at the same time, which it takes a much more powerfull pc to do.