My Laptop is suddenly not using the high performance GPU?

Sep 5, 2018
My Laptop has a Intel HD 630 GPU and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti.

Before, when I played games and did whatever, it would use the 1050 Ti.

Now, the 1050 Ti is stuck at 0% gpu usage. When I run anything, it tries to run it off the 630. I tried downloading the latest nvidia drivers, and it said that they didn't recognize a compatible gpu on my laptop.

Any ideas? Worried that somehow my gpu might have just broke out of no where.

Solution
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU for the unit would help two fold. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? Have you tried locating the GPU within Device Manager? What OS are you running off of? You may want to also remove the battery, press down on the power button and hold for 30 seconds before replacing the battery. If the battery is internal, you should see a pinhole at the bottom. If not, that's why we ask for the laptop's make and model to see what else can be suggested.

Lutfij

Splendid
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU for the unit would help two fold. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? Have you tried locating the GPU within Device Manager? What OS are you running off of? You may want to also remove the battery, press down on the power button and hold for 30 seconds before replacing the battery. If the battery is internal, you should see a pinhole at the bottom. If not, that's why we ask for the laptop's make and model to see what else can be suggested.

Solution