my laptop remains powered on round the clock. .

sneaker 21

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Hi...
I use my laptop almost all the time..
On gaming, downloading and movies or series's.....
Is it bad for laptops? Should I give it a rest after a certain amount of time?

Solution
A lot of people do that. You really can't control when it will break, using it or more less is hardly a factor. Keep the laptop well ventilated by always placing it on a "hard" wooden surface (non conductive surface). Turning it off and on frequently isn't good as well.The greatest amount of wear 'n' tear on solid state circuitry comes from the heating up and cooling off of the elements (diodes, capacitors, etc). By leaving the device on, you maintain the temp and have less in the way of expansion and rarfaction (the hot/cold cycle) in the circuitry, which is what causes the layers of the diodes, etc. to peel apart or separate from one-another, eventually causing them to wear out.

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
A lot of people do that. You really can't control when it will break, using it or more less is hardly a factor. Keep the laptop well ventilated by always placing it on a "hard" wooden surface (non conductive surface). Turning it off and on frequently isn't good as well.The greatest amount of wear 'n' tear on solid state circuitry comes from the heating up and cooling off of the elements (diodes, capacitors, etc). By leaving the device on, you maintain the temp and have less in the way of expansion and rarfaction (the hot/cold cycle) in the circuitry, which is what causes the layers of the diodes, etc. to peel apart or separate from one-another, eventually causing them to wear out.

Solution

sneaker 21

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Thank you havo_k....
I understand it now....
I have another question too...
I live in a hot area... really hot... and playing games heats up my laptop so much... i can't even touch the exteriors of my ventilators.... i don't think there's a solution to that.....