My Laptop takes 3 hours too post?

Ventre134

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi, I have a Lenovo G50-70 (Model Name:20351), when i switch the unit on, the screen will flash as any does when it is first switched on however it will repeatadly do that rapidly for nearly 3 hours before the system posts and boots, as if the unit is restarting itself over and over again. I have checked the HDD and done some other general tests on hardware such as my RAM but everything came back as good. Once in the operating system, the computer works perfectly. Is there anything i can do to repair this??

Solution
Your patience in waiting 3 hours is remarkable.

I can not tell you why it takes 3 hours.
But, I can suggest that you replace the hard drive with a ssd.
Laptop drives, particularly 5400rpm drives are abysmally slow.
See how much of your hard drive capacity is actually used.
Buy a Samsung evo of sufficient capacity and use the free ssd migration aid to move your C drive to the ssd. You will need a usb to sata adapter cable($10)
You should fine a youtube or other description of the process.
You will be amazed at the difference in performance.

As to the 3 hour time, I can only speculate that your hard drive is having issues and is going through excessive retrys trying to find good spare sectors.

geofelt

Distinguished
Your patience in waiting 3 hours is remarkable.

I can not tell you why it takes 3 hours.
But, I can suggest that you replace the hard drive with a ssd.
Laptop drives, particularly 5400rpm drives are abysmally slow.
See how much of your hard drive capacity is actually used.
Buy a Samsung evo of sufficient capacity and use the free ssd migration aid to move your C drive to the ssd. You will need a usb to sata adapter cable($10)
You should fine a youtube or other description of the process.
You will be amazed at the difference in performance.

As to the 3 hour time, I can only speculate that your hard drive is having issues and is going through excessive retrys trying to find good spare sectors.

Solution