My laptop was stolen but my gmail account was on it & my outlook account. Can i track it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raychel42

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
My laptop that i rented thru my school program got stolen. I dont have the serial # nor did i have a tracking app. I need to get it back so im not liable. Is there any way to track or locate it?

Solution
Not really. Best case would be if someone checked your mail with it, then the IP would be logged in your outlook and/or gmail logs online, which you can google how to find. But if they used free wifi, you're out of luck and you only have an IP address which the police usually won't even do much about as anyone could be using someone else's WIFI, stealing the neighbours, etc. A good laptop thief though will wipe the windows on it without ever putting it online as to not allow any ip tracking.
Not really. Best case would be if someone checked your mail with it, then the IP would be logged in your outlook and/or gmail logs online, which you can google how to find. But if they used free wifi, you're out of luck and you only have an IP address which the police usually won't even do much about as anyone could be using someone else's WIFI, stealing the neighbours, etc. A good laptop thief though will wipe the windows on it without ever putting it online as to not allow any ip tracking.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.