my laptop was taking around 4-5 sec to just show the right click menu

neat119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
my laptop hp pavilion power 15 was taking around 4-5 sec to just show the right click menu on

desktop and also it use to take time to show explorer window then, it works fine,.. but any app being

launched for the first time in the session, will cost me 4-5 sec.. is there any fix for this..??

i7 7700hq

16gb ram

gtx 1050 4gb + intel hd

128ssd + 1tb

Try installing the latest Intel HD Graphics driver, then do a "clean installation" of the NVidia driver (and don't install GeForce Experience). If programs that use the NVidia GPU give you problems, it could be a bad video chip (it happens, even on new systems).

neat119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

I bought the laptop yesterday :sarcastic:

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
New?

If so then your probably going to need to go through it and delete the bloatware that comes with it but TBH that's still way too slow for a brand new laptop even with all the extra crap HP loads onto there systems.

neat119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

yes new
i clean install windows 10 Again Nothing changed
but when i disable the gpu 1050 from Device Manager it work fine fast & smooth
but when i enable the gpu happen to me again

Try installing the latest Intel HD Graphics driver, then do a "clean installation" of the NVidia driver (and don't install GeForce Experience). If programs that use the NVidia GPU give you problems, it could be a bad video chip (it happens, even on new systems).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 16
M Laptop Tech Support 2