My laptop was not plugged in when it went to configure itself. When I turn it on it says the name of the computer and then goes to a blue screen which reads, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Then it shuts itself down and stars dpi g this over and over. I cannot get ANY disc help because they will not load, and I can't get D8 or F12 to work either. What is, my other option?
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
Try the following...
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.