My laptop's battery is not charging but the AC adapter is working.. Do I need a new battery?

danjohnsont

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
My laptop is toshiba satellite c657-s7318.. My battery is not charging whenever I connect the charger to the laptop.. When i removed the battery then tried to connect the ac adapter to the laptop, it's turning on.. the adapter is working but it doesn't charge the battery

PLEASE HELP

Solution
Have you tried charging it when the laptop is turned off? If it will charge then, but not when on, then the charger is probably going to need to be replaced. They often have this issue when they start to go.

However, if it won't charge the battery, even when the laptop is turned off, then you need to replace the battery as it is gone.
Have you tried charging it when the laptop is turned off? If it will charge then, but not when on, then the charger is probably going to need to be replaced. They often have this issue when they start to go.

However, if it won't charge the battery, even when the laptop is turned off, then you need to replace the battery as it is gone.

Solution