My laptop's screen is blank, yesterday it was good, Please suggest me what to do

Vishal_04

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Last day my laptop is working fine but now when i switched on my laptop, it shows blank screen. I have already remove battery and restart it again but facing the same issue. Please let me know the solution.

Solution
Is it just the display that isn't working? or is the whole thing not turning on? If it is just the display try turning the laptop off, connect an external monitor to the laptop, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. If you can see your screens on the external monitor, then the problem is with the attached display. You would then need to check the ribbon cable that connects the display. Should that be fine, then the display itself may be gone.

However, if there is nothing showing on the external monitor either, then your graphics card/GPU will probably need replacing (which may need the motherboard replaced to fix).

NOTE: Before doing anything to the laptop, if your device is under warranty still, contact the...
Is it just the display that isn't working? or is the whole thing not turning on? If it is just the display try turning the laptop off, connect an external monitor to the laptop, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. If you can see your screens on the external monitor, then the problem is with the attached display. You would then need to check the ribbon cable that connects the display. Should that be fine, then the display itself may be gone.

However, if there is nothing showing on the external monitor either, then your graphics card/GPU will probably need replacing (which may need the motherboard replaced to fix).

NOTE: Before doing anything to the laptop, if your device is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer.

Solution

Vishal_04

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks for the response, I have connected an external monitor to the laptop and it works fine, but the laptop's screen is still not showing anything. For checking ribbon cable, should i need to do to the technician OR i can do it myself ?