My Lenovo G510 display showing white screen is the display gone or any problem

Madhukar Vellanki

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
My lenovoG510 laptop screen is showing in white colour. When I'm using my lap it suddenly blurred and that time I make laptop shut down. After i I started again it worked properly for 2 minutes after the display turns into white colour. Why it happened like that and please solve the problem

Try turning off the laptop, plugging in an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. Do you see your screen on the external monitor?

If yes, then the problem lies in the attached display, and can be a few things. Then you would need to check the ribbon cable that connects the display. If that isn't the problem I would then shine a light at the screen, when the computer is on, and make sure it isn't the backlight (if it is, and you shine at the right angle, you will see a faint image of the screen that you should be seeing). If not these, then you probably need to replace the display.

If you see nothing on the external monitor as well, then your graphics card is probably shot.

Try turning off the laptop, plugging in an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. Do you see your screen on the external monitor?

If yes, then the problem lies in the attached display, and can be a few things. Then you would need to check the ribbon cable that connects the display. If that isn't the problem I would then shine a light at the screen, when the computer is on, and make sure it isn't the backlight (if it is, and you shine at the right angle, you will see a faint image of the screen that you should be seeing). If not these, then you probably need to replace the display.

If you see nothing on the external monitor as well, then your graphics card is probably shot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
gabriel.nicolae313 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Jujihana Laptop Tech Support 0
OhGod Laptop Tech Support 18
slepong Laptop Tech Support 1
Semilore kaj Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 3
Sandis2003 Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 3