My Lenovo laptop won't start

Tariqo

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Problem with my Lenovo Laptop not starting

Hi everyone,

I am happy to join this community and share thoughts. However, I have a bit of a problem with my Lenovo Idea PC laptop. A couple of days ago I was working on my laptop as usual and all of a sudden the computer just shut down by itself, I tried to start it again, pressed the power button but with no success. It just won't start at all.

I decided to leave it for a while, which I did, after that I came back to try again and this time it started for like 3 seconds and then shut down. It did that several times whever I pressed the power button. I have tried removing the charger and holding down the power for 30 seconds but the same happened. :smileysad:

Then I left it aside for two days, and when I came back to it and pressed the power button it worked just fine and successfully loaded to the desktop. I worked for a while and then shut down the laptop my self and went to sleep.

The next day it did not start at all, it just kept booting for like 3 seconds and then shut down suddenly.

:smileymad:

Please help me, I really need the laptop for work.

Here are the specs:

Lenovo Idea PC
Win8 64bit
Core i5
8 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 635

ANY ideas guys!!

Big Thanks to you all

Solution
This could be a cooling issue. Check the vents on the side and bottom. Use a canned duster to blow out any dust that may have accumulated. Laptop cooling systems are pretty small and very susceptible to dust or obstruction, which causes the cpu to overheat, sometimes within a few seconds as you have described. The cpu has a thermal sensor, and will shut down the system if maximum temperatures are exceeded.

itpro

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
This could be a cooling issue. Check the vents on the side and bottom. Use a canned duster to blow out any dust that may have accumulated. Laptop cooling systems are pretty small and very susceptible to dust or obstruction, which causes the cpu to overheat, sometimes within a few seconds as you have described. The cpu has a thermal sensor, and will shut down the system if maximum temperatures are exceeded.

Solution

Tariqo

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

Aha, thanks itpro, I will check and see if this works..However, I must mention that just before this happened to my laptop the machine used to go to sleep mode randomly without shut down..