Start by doing a Windows Update, install all important update there is for your laptop. Next is to update your graphics card driver or do a clean install.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot your laptop and see if the same problem will persist because if does still happen, do a factory reset first before considering if you'll keep your laptop or have it replaced.