My LG Harmony phone will not get past LG screen. It turned off while charging.

Aug 11, 2018
MY LG Harmony phone turned off while charging. It had been shutting off recently and would not turn back on, unless I took battery lout and restarted it. This is the second time this has happened with my LG phones in a matter of months. Initially, I had a $35 phone purchased from Cricket. I just got a new phone since I only paid $35 for it. Although, it was only three months old. My husband still has his $35 phone. So, it must be me, and not the phone. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Cricket employee told me that it was a software problem with the last phone. Now I can not get past the LG screen.

Solution
Sounds totally fishy to me. I would consider bringing it back to the location where you bought it and have them resolve the issue. If needed, getting you another device. No device should be listing another manufacturer's info on it. Ever. That could only happen if the phone was altered. If you didn't do it, then someone prior to your purchasing it did.
Aug 11, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from janna57 : "New problem. Got LG Harmony in Fastboot mode. NOw stuck"

I tried to fix my LG Harmony. I posted previously today. I followed instructions from another site on how to put in Safe Mode. My phone says Fastboot mode started. It says in the Fastboot Mode the product is Samsung and my phone is an LG. I took phone to Cricket where phone was purchased, and she told me that the phone was unfixable. Is that true? She tried to sell me another phone. I told her that I needed to give it some thought. I was hoping that I could fix this. I did not have phone for very long.

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work then. If yes, then you have something on the device that needs to be removed. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. If it still won't start in "Safe Mode" then I would take it back to them and have fix the problem. As just because you have the same device, doesn't mean one can have problems when the other doesn't.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Aug 11, 2018
Thanks webworkings. Yes, I tried that. It says Fastboot Mode. It says the product name is Samsung.Then it says Variant: msn9937-32 16GB. HW version -rev-10. BootLaoder Version Baseband version _NA. Carrier Info - NA . Secure Boot enabled and Lock state - locked. Fastboot mode started.

The lady told me that I have a bad app, and she could not fix my phone. I would need to purchase a new one. It is less than 6 months old, and she told me that software damage is not covered under warranty.

So it sounds like the phone has been altered. The OS altered that is. That is the only way the manufacturer wouldn't cover it. Did you try installing a different version of Android than it came with? That would cause it, and it would cause things like "Safe Mode" and other options to not work.

Now if no one tried to change the OS, then there is something fishy with the phone they gave you. If that is the case, I would contact the company directly (not the local office) and push for further assistance.

Aug 11, 2018
I am not tech savvy to install anything else. I thought it was very strange that the product name was saying Samsung on a LG phone. I bought this from Cricket. Thank you.

Sounds totally fishy to me. I would consider bringing it back to the location where you bought it and have them resolve the issue. If needed, getting you another device. No device should be listing another manufacturer's info on it. Ever. That could only happen if the phone was altered. If you didn't do it, then someone prior to your purchasing it did.

Solution
Aug 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your reply. The matter is now resolved. My husband took it to another local store, and talked to the person that sold us the phones initially. She informed him that it would be covered under warranty, and gave us the number to file a warranty claim. They sent me a replacement phone. I still do not know what I am doing that is causing software issues with the phones that I have. And, it was weird that the phone had Samsung for the product name when it was an LG.

The one person I talked to last week, acted like I or someone else altered my phone, and told me no warranty would cover it. She offered to sell me a new phone. I am not tech savvy at all. I really appreciate your help. I may have ended up buying a new phone that was not necessary.