My LG TV has stopped recognizing any HDMI input

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobSloan

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
One minute, it was working fine with both my PS3 and Sky HD box plugged into two different HDMI ports, the next it wasn't. I left my daughter in the lounge so she may have pressed something, but she promises that she didn't. Now the TV just says no signal. I have tried all the usual turning it off and on again, swapping HDMI ports on the TV, I even tried to plug my laptop into the thrid port, but the TV still did not recognize this. I have also just connected my TV to the web and updated the software, but it still doesn't recognize anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford a new TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the pins and sockets on each end of the cable and devices. She may have bent on of the pins or something by unplugging and plugging it back in. It's not unheard of for display cables of any type to have failures either so you might try a different cable. I'd double check the tv input settings using it's menu system as well.

Holymoly54

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
My LG TV just did the same thing tonight. All HDMI inputs show no signal after attempting to connect. TV antenna connection works just fine. Too much of a coincidencefor both HDMI cables to go at the same time. Will try AV connection to see how that works next but all 4 HDMI inputs are reporting no signal:(

Zachary Jacobs

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015

My LG 42'' TV I bought in 2011 has 4 HDMI ports and the first 3 stopped working. Im also having this issue, what part can be changed to fix this? its not the cable.

wellsatl

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
Almost exact same story for me, except it happened several months ago. None of the HDMI ports work. I made pretty much every possible combination of HDMI in/out on my AV receiver, cable box, etc. I researched the possibility of having it repaired and was advised that, based on the testing I did, I might as well buy a new TV due to the cost of repairs.

However, I can get to work using component input, which is ok for normal TV but useless for Chromecast and similar. That's the most annoying thing to me.I like casting from my phone, so I bought a HDMI to component converter. Works ok and was much less expensive buying a new TV.

Bottom line, we're seeing a pattern here. You might want to look into a HDMI to component converter -- or get a new (non LG) TV

wellsatl

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
Almost exact same story for me, except it happened several months ago. None of the HDMI ports work. I made pretty much every possible combination of HDMI in/out on my AV receiver, cable box, etc. I researched the possibility of having it repaired and was advised that, based on the testing I did, I might as well buy a new TV due to the cost of repairs.

However, I can get to work using component input, which is ok for normal TV but useless for Chromecast and similar. That's the most annoying thing to me.I like casting from my phone, so I bought a HDMI to component converter. Works ok and was much less expensive buying a new TV.

Bottom line, we're seeing a pattern here. You might want to look into a HDMI to component converter -- or get a new (non LG) TV

Jaime McCormack

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Haha strange enough my TV has done the same thing 42 inch led full Def Tele won't connect to av or hdmi cords .. No signal! Seriously ....? LG my old fav brand?

oshiva

Estimable
May 4, 2015
stranger still : my single HDMI port does respond normal to the TV-receiver
yet not anymore to PS3 and/or laptop, like it did before.
all cables and gear otherwise (tested) OK

I've mailed the LG service desk : no answer....:no:

EStephenson

Estimable
May 5, 2015

The same thing happened to my tv on Sunday 5-3-15. It's also a 42 inch LG from 2011. I've tried everything just like everyone else and it does not work.

fractal911

Estimable
May 9, 2015

Same exact thing for me. Happened today (May 9th 2015). 47 inch LG TV, possibly from 2011 also...

Mike Mert

Estimable
May 10, 2015
WOW! This can't be a coincidence. Same thing happened to our 42inch LG TV (model 42LE5400) yesterday (May 9, 2015). All HDMI inputs just stopped working and they now say "No Signal". I was just watching cable TV and it stopped. I switched to a Blu-ray player, and to an AppleTV on two of the other HDMI inputs - same problem: "Connecting...", followed by "No Signal". This TV bought 12-29-2010. This is the first problem I've had with it.

Signals are recognized in other inputs like Component. Only problem is "No Signal" from ALL 4 HDMI ports. I ended up scheduling an LG service call (a couple days from now). $195USD + tax flat rate.

UPDATE June 4, 2015: Had LG service TV. They replaced a board inside. Problem gone.

ktg13

Estimable
May 10, 2015
Same thing happened to me on Friday May 8th. May 7th it was working fine. When I plug my hdmi to my laptop LG recognizes that there is a connection but it gets no signal. The same laptop works fine with the tv in the next room. I tried everything too.

Alan6969

Estimable
May 11, 2015
This is NO coincidence. Today my wife turned my 42inch LG tv on. To find nothing!!!! No signal on everything except aerial tv only. Which worked in slow motion sight and sound. Nothing works. Including remote control and network has gone to so no firmware update. From what I've read its to expensive to repair. All the hardware needs replacing to newer hardware and very costly.

jackdgalloway

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I've no solution, but the same problem. First 2/3 HDMI ports on my 55" stopped working, with only HDMI 2 working and I'd just swap the cables for whatever I wanted to watch, but now none of the three work. The cable is picked up (I get the noise on the computer confirming detection of the cable), but get the "no signal" screen after it acknowledges that a new HDMI port was plugged in and asks if I want to use that. TV is 1.5 years old, what a bummer. I have an older 42" version that works, confirms that all the cables and other things work ... same setup on one TV works, on the other it fails. A real bummer.

slobrad

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Same deal, all 4 HDMI inputs went out today (May 12th, 2015)

//Model: LG 42 inch late 2010 (42LE5350)
//All 4 HDMI inputs recognize when a device is powered on and plugged in (lets me select it). But after selecting it says "Connecting..." and then "No Signal" with the LG logo bouncing around the screen
//Antenna input still works (don't have component cables to try those)

Closest thing I could find to a 'solution' is here..
http://zedic.com/lg-42dl550-fix-repair/

..But I've yet to try. If anyone is adventurous enough to try baking their motherboard to 'reflow the solder', please let everyone here know your results/experience.... thank you.

[Update on May 14th]
I followed the method described @ http://zedic.com/lg-42dl550-fix-repair/ and it worked! All 4 HDMI connections are now recognized and working. Not sure how long fix will hold; will update it if fails in the near future. Hope it helps others.

ThomasK74

Estimable
May 15, 2015
[add another LG TV to the list with HDMI no signal failure. 4 days of use and HDMI shits itself

quotemsg=15834359,0,1981092]WOW! This can't be a coincidence. Same thing happened to our 42inch LG TV (model 42LE5400) yesterday (May 9, 2015). All HDMI inputs just stopped working and they now say "No Signal". I was just watching cable TV and it stopped. I switched to a Blu-ray player, and to an AppleTV on two of the other HDMI inputs - same problem: "Connecting...", followed by "No Signal". This TV bought 12-29-2010. This is the first problem I've had with it.

Signals are recognized in other inputs like Component. Only problem is "No Signal" from ALL 4 HDMI ports. I ended up scheduling an LG service call (a couple days from now). $195USD + tax flat rate.[/quotemsg]

Status
Not open for further replies.