Question My microphone is picking up all my PC sounds

Apr 1, 2020
as the title say, when i select, for example in discord, my microphone my friends listen to all my sounds on my pc. i've arleady updated the drivers, checked to the listen the device option to be unckecked. pls help me

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
What type of sounds? Are they the same system sounds you hear? Are you using headphones/ headphones with built-in mic or are you using speakers? Reason I ask: some mics are sensitive enough to pick up the magnetic fields from speakers' voice coils - even 'shielded' speakers. The shields cover the magnets, but don't shield the field from the face of the driver. Those fields can interact with the coil in the microphone, depending on proximity - EMI. If using speakers, try using headphones. If none of that works, try reinstalling or updating Discord. If you have the latest update, try installing an earlier release.

Apr 1, 2020
i use headphones. for example if i listen to spotify, or youtube, they are recorded from the microphone, even if i turn it off (i use a razer headset with built-in microphone).
What type of sounds? Are they the same system sounds you hear? Are you using headphones/ headphones with built-in mic or are you using speakers? Reason I ask: some mics are sensitive enough to pick up the magnetic fields from speakers' voice coils - even 'shielded' speakers. The shields cover the magnets, but don't shield the field from the face of the driver. Those fields can interact with the coil in the microphone, depending on proximity - EMI. If using speakers, try using headphones. If none of that works, try reinstalling or updating Discord. If you have the latest update, try installing an earlier release.
i use a razer headset with built-in microphone, it picks up sounds, for example from spotify or youtube, even if i turn the microphone off. from windows control panel the levels are ok, if i listen to spotify the microphone is at minimum level, instead in discord or skype or whatever, the level of the mic follows the music also with it turned off.
idk if i was clear. if you want i can post an image. thanks

Apr 1, 2020
i use headphones. for example if i listen to spotify, or youtube, they are recorded from the microphone, even if i turn it off (i use a razer headset with built-in microphone).

i use a razer headset with built-in microphone, it picks up sounds, for example from spotify or youtube, even if i turn the microphone off. from windows control panel the levels are ok, if i listen to spotify the microphone is at minimum level, instead in discord or skype or whatever, the level of the mic follows the music also with it turned off.
idk if i was clear. if you want i can post an image. thanks
after many test i went to conclusion that the sound my friends hear is normally recoorded from my headphones ( they aren't very isolated). but the problem stay when the microphone is off, but this isnormal imho.