My mouse pad has been disabled. How do I enable it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgese

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
My cat walked across my husband's laptop and the mouse stopped working. I tried fn and f3 then fn and f9 and fn and f7 due to suggestions online. This did not "unfreeze" the cursor. Please advise. This is an asus F5R series laptop.

AntiZig

Distinguished
there is a shortcut on your keyboard somewhere to turn touchpad on/off.

Look at the blue icons on the F1-F12 buttons, and try those that you not sure what they are for. Typically touchpad will have something like a square with a finger pointing at it icon, or could be something similar. I can't find a manual or full size picture of the keyboard layout.

If you're still unsure, if you can make a top down picture of your full keyboard and upload it, that could help with the issue.

EDIT: according to the manual I found here: http://www.generalmanual.com/Notebooks/Asus-F5R-Notebook.htm
the laptop has media keys next to the power button, one of those keys features an outline of a touchpad (big rechtangle on top of two smaller ones) with a line going across it (like a cross out). that's the button to activate/deactivate the touchpad

loveless baby17

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

did you try pressing the control button or ctrl + f5? i did not know how to fix my mouse pad and i just got this laptop for christmas and i kept on turning it off but it wont work so i pressed the ctrl + f5 then it work, well im just guessing it out so you should really try it and we wont know your laptop might work again.. :) well if it still wont work try ctrl + f8 cause thats the icon were you can enable and/or disable your mouse pad,,, soo goodluck and just reply or send me an email if you have troubles with that again okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.