My MSI Ge70 0NC/0ND laptop has no NVIDIA graphics card which it was supposed to have!

Hadi5

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
I was planning to buy a brand new Gaming PC because this laptop disappointed me a lot.

I always thought my MSI laptop was supposed to have Intel 4000HD graphics. (integrated)
There always was a sticker of NVIDIA, but I thought that this didn't have anything to do with my laptop because I never even saw the word NVIDIA in my laptop.
I have this laptop for around 2 years now, and now I see that there was something suspicious with these graphics, because even an $600-$800 dollars PC is better.
I was curious and I found out that my laptop was supposed to have intel integrated graphics,
and NVIDIA Geforce!
Atm, I still only have intel 4000HD and it's shit.
I've also tried to download NVIDIA drivers for my laptop, and looked at the BIOS menu.
Can someone please give me a clear answer why I don't have NVIDIA?
Did I get scammed? Or can I fix this myself?
Thanks for reading :)

Solution
Did you contact MSI to find out what the issue may be? Did you not check the specs on the laptop when you bought it to see what the hardware was?

You would want to use the MSI drivers not the ones from nVidia in the system, but if there is a hardware issue with the video card that won't work.

I doubt you were "scammed" but very likely there is some issue with the laptop that you never looked at. You can try to open the laptop and see if the video card is in a slot you can reseat and check again. Removable cards use an MXM slot that looks a bit like a large laptop RAM slot.
Did you contact MSI to find out what the issue may be? Did you not check the specs on the laptop when you bought it to see what the hardware was?

You would want to use the MSI drivers not the ones from nVidia in the system, but if there is a hardware issue with the video card that won't work.

I doubt you were "scammed" but very likely there is some issue with the laptop that you never looked at. You can try to open the laptop and see if the video card is in a slot you can reseat and check again. Removable cards use an MXM slot that looks a bit like a large laptop RAM slot.

Solution

Hadi5

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016

Thanks for the answer, I will first look if the NVIDIA card is even in there, and maybe I will contact MSI to see what's wrong here, wish me luck! :)