It always says before it powers down " plugged in but not charging" I keep doing the paper clip in hole thing and it works but only for a few minutes. I tried opening it to find the battery but then I saw just how complicated it was and sealed back up. Pls can someone help
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Here's video guide on how to disassemble the laptop. https/www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6yE60_LL6A
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again with the battery and charger.
- Next test to try would be to remove the battery again and connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- If the laptop will still not boot up with just the AC adapter connected do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Do also reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work do contact MSI for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.