Solved! My newly installed ram is fine, but my laptop restarts randomly.

Nov 27, 2020
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ARR, it has 4GB DDR4 2400mhz ram (soldered). I decided to upgrade it with another 4GB DDR4 2400mhz ram. When I first installed it, the first thing I did was to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and there was no problem at all, the newly installed ram is fine. But, one time, while I was working on a school project, the system just restarts randomly. I don't know if it's the ram that's causing this issue because the memory diagnostic tool said that there were no problems with the ram.

Solution
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ARR, it has 4GB DDR4 2400mhz ram (soldered). I decided to upgrade it with another 4GB DDR4 2400mhz ram. When I first installed it, the first thing I did was to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and there was no problem at all, the newly installed ram is fine. But, one time, while I was working on a school project, the system just restarts randomly. I don't know if it's the ram that's causing this issue because the memory diagnostic tool said that there were no problems with the ram.

If you remove the RAM you added, does the system work normally? If yes, then it's the RAM. You can try to update the BIOS and see if that helps it.

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
Have you taken a look at the windows event viewer as to what might have caused the shutdown?

Personally this reminds my of the random restarts i would experience when pushing the RAM on my machine while using photoshop. In my case the issue were blown capacitors that were connected to the RAM slots.

Reactions: JBH81194

If you remove the RAM you added, does the system work normally? If yes, then it's the RAM. You can try to update the BIOS and see if that helps it.

Reactions: JBH81194
Solution