My on5 freezes

Aug 26, 2018
My phone freezes more and more. I disabled some factory apps because they were filling up my storage and I am not interested in using them. I did a factory reset after I took out my SD card. The more I cleaned my phone, the more it froze. I put it in safe mode today. It froze a few hours later in safe mode, so it was not one of my downloaded apps. The metal or wifi at my job causes my battery to drain badly. I leave work at 30% sometimes. Their wifi is unstable and my network drops sometimes as well. Bad when you are contacting your supervisor. Which one is contributing to my phone acting up? Or is it all of them? Do I need a new phone?

Solution
Sounds like the phone is going bad (hardware). If a "Hard Reset" didn't fix it (note this is the one that removes everything, saving nothing. If you chose the save anything option, then it would leave stuff behind that you may not want). Also the fact that you are having the problem in "Safe Mode" makes me think there are hardware issues. Alas, depending on the cost, it may not be worth repairing and you may well need a new phone. Just be sure you back up any of your personal stuff (photos, contacts, music, etc. not apps, you can't back them up) now before the phone gets any worse. You can save all of it to a google account, or copy it all over to a personal computer via USB connection. Then you can try a local tech and see if it would...
Sounds like the phone is going bad (hardware). If a "Hard Reset" didn't fix it (note this is the one that removes everything, saving nothing. If you chose the save anything option, then it would leave stuff behind that you may not want). Also the fact that you are having the problem in "Safe Mode" makes me think there are hardware issues. Alas, depending on the cost, it may not be worth repairing and you may well need a new phone. Just be sure you back up any of your personal stuff (photos, contacts, music, etc. not apps, you can't back them up) now before the phone gets any worse. You can save all of it to a google account, or copy it all over to a personal computer via USB connection. Then you can try a local tech and see if it would even be worth spending the money to fix it. I would say anything over 1/4 of the cost of a new device would not be worth it, but that is my opinion. :)

Solution