My phone couldn't read SD card after factory reset

Nov 9, 2018
I have 32G SD card which was already formatted as internal storage on my phone, my phone was latter reset to factory setting after it was repaired which made it not to recognized the SD card which was previously formatted in it as internal storage. All attempts to format the SD card was unsuccessful either on the phone or any other devices. Please what is the way out

Solution
You are going to need to either try using an app (although not my preferred choice) to format the card or connect the phone (with the card still in the phone) and use the computer to format the card. That way would be much faster. You should be able to then restart (turn off and back on) the phone and have it able to use the card.
If you reset the device, and the SD card was set as "Internal" storage before the reset, then that data is gone to you.

Yes, it is still on the card, but it was encoded to that device. Which requires the device be as it was when the change was done. Resetting a device changes it enough and removes info that is put on the device making it not able to access the encoded card anymore. There is no way to restore that connection. Making the data on the card completely inaccessible.

Nov 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I don't really care about the data on the SD card Because i have the information on it backed up on PC. All I want is to be able to use the SD card again even without the former data. Kindly enlighten me on how to format the card if possible to make it usable again. Thanks

You are going to need to either try using an app (although not my preferred choice) to format the card or connect the phone (with the card still in the phone) and use the computer to format the card. That way would be much faster. You should be able to then restart (turn off and back on) the phone and have it able to use the card.

Solution