Solved! My phone icon just says contacts stopped working and I can't call out but can receive calls and I need the phone app back but

Jan 22, 2019
My phone icon keeps saying contacts has stopped, can't find contacts on phone, can't make calls but can receive calls plus no info on recent calls. The phone icon is visible but worthless, did it get deleted/uninstalled? Plus there are 3 photos he icons in Settings but none work. What can I do. Verizon was no help.

Solution
Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will let you access the phone and contacts in there. If so, then the problem may well be something on the phone. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. that will need to be removed to resolve it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will let you access the phone and contacts in there. If so, then the problem may well be something on the phone. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. that will need to be removed to resolve it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution