Solved! my phone works- it rings, you can hear the ring tone but I cant open the window to see my accounts or any thing but it just wo

Nov 13, 2018
my phone works but you cant turn it off and you cant open it to view the window of icons or any thing but when some one calls it rings but you cant answer, didn't drop it or not in water it just locked up

Solution
Have you tried turning restarting it (turning it off and back on)? Should that not do it, and you are talking calls through the phone itself (and not a different app) then try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can make and take calls in there. If yes, then you probably have something on the phone that is interfering. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., that you need to remove to resolve the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If...
Have you tried turning restarting it (turning it off and back on)? Should that not do it, and you are talking calls through the phone itself (and not a different app) then try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can make and take calls in there. If yes, then you probably have something on the phone that is interfering. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., that you need to remove to resolve the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution