My Razer Kraken 7.1 stopped working.

aarskaak

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Well i have had my Kraken for about 3 months now and all of a sudden it began to crash or something.
What i am trying to say is when i plug it in it works, i shake with the cable or headset itself, it turns of for a sec, i hear a crack, then it goes on again. it's really weird, because on other computers i don't have this problem. I really don't know what to do, I uninstalled the drivers, the folder, synapse. Nothing works. ALl thats happening is that it turns of and on when i shake the cable...

please someone help me, it costed me a lot and i don't want to buy a new one, every advice is appreciated!

many thanks already, Alexander

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Has anything happened to the cable itself, such as it being pinched or accidentally rolled over by your chair? Have you ever yanked it out of the USB port rapidly? Based on your issues with the jiggling cable bit, it sounds to me as though you've got a bad connection due to a possibly split wire inside the shroud or within the headset itself.

If it's still under warranty (which it should be given your stated age of it), I'd look into seeing if you can send it back to Razer for a replacement. I do hope you've kept your original receipt. If not, you may be able to go back to the store where it was purchased and get a reprint of it as Razer will require it. If you bought it online, I suspect the place still has it on record for you to print out.

Good luck.