My Samsung galaxy tab s 10.1 won't hold a charge. I installed new battery still won't charge. Any ideas on what else I can t

Gloria_13

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
My Samsung Galaxy tab s won't hold a charge. About a week ago a message came up saying "closing program battery overheating". I installed a new battery. It still won't charge. It goes up to 19%and stops charging.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Solution
Sometimes, off brands just don't work. Sadly. It is a constant problem I have run into, and others as well. Don't know if it is how they are made, the components used, or Samsung making alterations to their devices to react differently with them, but they do often lead to problems. I would suggest you try getting a battery specifically made for your device that is Samsung and see if that resolves the problem.

Gloria_13

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

I have my tablet shut down while charging.
The battery is an off brand that i bought from overstock.

Sometimes, off brands just don't work. Sadly. It is a constant problem I have run into, and others as well. Don't know if it is how they are made, the components used, or Samsung making alterations to their devices to react differently with them, but they do often lead to problems. I would suggest you try getting a battery specifically made for your device that is Samsung and see if that resolves the problem.

Solution