How long has it been stuck on that screen? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still get stuck on that same screen do load in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode then press Enter.
- Once in Safe Mode and it loads up to your desktop screen, run System Restore and bring it back to an earlier date or time before you installed those updates.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- But if Safe Mode will still end up on the same Configuring Update screen you may want to wait for couple of more minutes and if it will still not get pass that screen then reinstall Windows.