My Samsung laptop won't recognize touchpad

tko_cure

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
Hi,

I recently purchased a used Samsung laptop (NP470R5E-K01UB) from a friend. He restored it to factory condition before giving it to me. When I initially turned it on and began to go through setup (Win8 by the way) I noticed there was no mouse cursor so I completed the setup using only the keyboard. After the setup was complete, still no mouse. I went online to Samsung's site and downloaded the correct touchpad drivers, restarted, and still no luck.

This is what my touchpad driver screen looks like after installing the drivers.
http://gyazo.com/6c8ca2c16631676683c6e20dedce229f

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm running out of ideas.

Solution
What it seems has happened is the mouse is either broke or unplugged. Inside of the laptop there is a small plug that connects the touchpad to the mainboard inside of the laptop. Companies have to do it this way in order to make it able to be removed. You or your friend will need to disassemble the computer and attempt to connect the touchpad better.

Normally this is a simple thing to do, but its possible the entire mouse section has been broken and will need replaced.

P.S. If it is under warranty, do not take it apart. You are best to send it to Samsung, cause if take it apart your warranty will be void.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
What it seems has happened is the mouse is either broke or unplugged. Inside of the laptop there is a small plug that connects the touchpad to the mainboard inside of the laptop. Companies have to do it this way in order to make it able to be removed. You or your friend will need to disassemble the computer and attempt to connect the touchpad better.

Normally this is a simple thing to do, but its possible the entire mouse section has been broken and will need replaced.

P.S. If it is under warranty, do not take it apart. You are best to send it to Samsung, cause if take it apart your warranty will be void.

Solution