My Samsung tab 4 is frozen

fitz1030

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
My Samsung Tab 4 is frozen. After I swiped screen to unlock, It is stuck on that screen.
I pressed the power button to restart, but the power button will not respond.
How can I reset or reboot my tablet?

Duuuude

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015

Dude, You just saved my life. Thank you!

petalblue2

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

Worked for me too! Thankyou!
[Petalblue 2]

Ronan88

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

This works. It will take you to the restart screen. Press the home button to choose your restart option. Hint - just press the highlighted red default option - it won't delete anything.

Ronan88

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Make sure you are pressing the Home button and volume DOWN button simultaneously, and hold it for several seconds.

nissah

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
I had the exact same problem where I purchased my Samsung tab4 in 6/2014 and just last month 9/2015 I used my tablet that morning, powered it off and went to powered it back on and it was stuck on the Samsung logo and the keyboard would not appear where I could log on.....I tried everything posted everywhere on the Internet, holding the power button and volume up button simultaneously, then tried holding the power and volume down button together, tried just holding down the power button , even went so far as to remove the battery (I WOULD NOT TRY THIS AND I TELL YOU WHY). so finally after trying everything I saw posted on the Internet to resolve the issue to no avail I finally call Samsung directly at 1 800 -Samsung. While speaking with the Samsung rep. I was told that my tablet has a standard one year warranty which I was not aware of. I'm made the representative from Samsung aware of all the postings on the internet regarding the same problem and I was told that they do not have any reported issues regarding this matter and I then proceeded to tell them that perhaps they should get online and read some of the issues about this tablet and they would know rather than just sitting behind their big desk, and therefore they put me through to management which I spoke to and make them aware of all the problems posted on the internet as well, and they agree to fix my tablet for free they also agreed to mail me the shipping label which I told them I did not want to have to wait for the shipping label so they then agreed to email the shipping label to me to mail my device into them to have it repaired for free. Now the reason I said earlier I wouldn't not remove the battery is because if it still does not fix the problem and they see that the device has been altered in any way they may not repair it for free. now having said all of that and because I had already taking my tablet to cell city in Pinellas Park Florida I did not want to have to go and get it from them to have it mailed to Samsung wait for days to have my tablet returned to me so if you are in the general vicinity I would definitely recommend cell city as they fix my tablet for $60 including tax