My Samsung tablet will not turn on.

koolkat0568

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
My Samsung tablet will not turn on. The battery is fully charged. I have tried doing a reset (start + volumne) but this does not work.
I was using it then closed it to do a job then when I came back to it, it wont turn on. Its about 2 years old.

das_stig

Distinguished
Did you do a hard reset ?

Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.
Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device while clearing the dalvik cache along with the process.

rghthqrjqrjw5r

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
I had this problem too. You have to hold the reset buttons (lock & volume up) for longer than you would think. Hold the reset buttons until it turns on. I'd say it takes at least 10 long seconds. That worked for me, hope it works for you too.

Choy96

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
After turn off my samsung tablet, it should press hold power + up + home. But i just press hold power + up button wrongly . I see power charging screen off slowly then i unable to turn it again . How should i do ?

Yourgo2guy

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
Do this AFTER you have tried the other less invasive fixes.

Carefully pull the back of the Tab and check to see if the battery connector is fully attached. I did this to my Tab with the same problem and found it was half off. I gently pressed it back into position and it turned on just fine.

Miklos1963

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

I have the same problem.
My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is stuck on the logo screen.
Mine has only the POWER and the VOLUME +/- buttons.
I have tried all combinations of POWER plus VOLUME + and/or - and it will not boot.

Have also tried through ODIN to flash a new Android OS onto it but it still doesn't work.

Any more ideas before I bin it?

Thanks

Yourgo2guy

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
You have a "Home" button also, it is the button near where you plug in your charger. Follow the original instructions while pressing the Home button. If that doesn't work, remove the back to expose the battery, if you can remove it or disconnect the small plug that connects the battery to the motherboard. Leave it for about a minute and them reinstall/plug back in. Turn on unit, if it is still hung on the logo screen I am out of remedies. It took me a while to find my answer the first time it happened, so look as several other boards maybe there is a solution BEFORE you Bin it.

Good luck.

BRHelpdesk

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
I tried all of these solutions, not a single one helped, i still get a completely black screen, no logo, no charge icon, nothing. I have removed the battery and unhooked every ribbon cable from the board except for the display and still nothing. I am assuming its a main board issue, because i cant think of anything else to try.

Badboy_v600

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Thanks alot buddy. Removing the battery really helped. I found out how to by using this YouTube video http://youtu.be/DzRDyAf4mGw

AJ_7__

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

I have the same problem. And just like you, I just can't get it to work. Well these options used to work before I had an update on my OS. After the update everything went smoothly for about 5 days, until it died out on me and never turned back on again. It's been more than a month I think, I've got the chance to try and fix it again only now and I kinda just feel hopeless at this point..

tjrtech

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I took the back loose. Removed the white power connector. Looking at the ribbon cables, I noticed a small (I mean 1/4 inch wide and maybe 1 inch long) gold top mount ribbon cable was loose. This cable is in the corner, opposite side of the power button. After re-seating the cables, powered right up.

Matt9511

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I too have the same problem as everyone.
Turned tablet off today and back on, used it then left it but went back use it and now it won't turn on just has a blank screen. I have tried all the reset options suggested so far but before I buy a battery does anyone have any other solutions?

Annessa

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016

Nicoleleigh

Commendable
May 1, 2016

Which of these did you click on

Reboot system now
Apply update from abd
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Apply update from cache

Matt9511

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

appear to not be a battery problem, could anyone else advise before I have to send it off to get fixed.

polgarfan

Commendable
May 11, 2016

I tried your suggestion when my tablet wouldn't display anything, and it worked!! thank you so much for the advice!!

Qwerty Yop

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
This solution - to press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button at the same time didn't work for me. It worked months ago when the screen of my Tab S T-705 was freezing while it was switched on and for almost an hour I was wondering what to do... then I found this forum which helped me to solve the problem!

...but now, this trick just don't work for me. I hold both buttons (Power + Volume Up) for a minute or so and even longer but nothing happens.

Yesterday, I noticed that I can't switch on the WiFi and Bluetooth and also while charging the tablet, it was very hot, more than usually... and losing power very fast. I was thinking today to reset all to factory settings, but I was surprised by the black screen and I don't know what to do.

I bought it Feb 2015... I think, my Tab S is Too Young To Die... don't you think!?

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I try to charge the tablet, nothing happens as well... it's like a dead piece of plastic now, WTF!?!

panshula

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016