My Samsung tablet won't turn on!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinSanao

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I've had my tablet charging for over an hour now and it won't turn on. It doesn't even show the battery charging loading screen. I've held down on the power button for long periods of time but it ends up as just a black screen. I don't know what to do :(... My parents are gonna kill me if they know my tablets not working.

Gozmojim

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Awesome. Excellent. But mine didn't start charging. Instead it turned all the way on. Now I'm wondering what caused it to happen in the first place. Thanks so much for this help. Thank you.

Nottiegirl2100

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Hi I'm resa I got my tablet to turn on but it stuck at start up what do I do to fix it

TheHao

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
Ok what , here the real answer especially for samsung phone. Try holding down the power + volume down and home button for 10sec while charging. This leads you to developer option, if ur phone is currently charging and this solution does not work that means there are something wrong with the phone fuse...etc.

Fathema alii

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015

the same thing for me is happening.:( i tried doing what you said however i isnt working for me...

kwench903

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
I tried several of the above solutions and was about to get frustrated. Then I held the power and volume buttons down for about ten seconds and it came right up! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

frosword

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

hold power button and volume down at the same time for 5-10 seconds. You may have to have your tablet plugged in. I didn't have it plugged in and just did that and it worked for me. Hope you get the same result!

cattgames

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015

Thanks it works now!!!! YAYAYYAYAY i was afraid to tell my dad that it wasnt working but now that i can fix it it works!!! yay

dreadycarp

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Kids Edition, and would not start after running the battery dead, after trying vol and/or vol+power 10-15 seconds, still not starting. The device has been on a charger for over 24 hours, I also tried checking the ribbon connectors under the back cover. I read another article that suggested holding the power button for 30-40 seconds. This did the trick, immediately it showed that it was charging, battery still dead, did not boot just started to charge

*Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Kids Edition won't start - to fix press and hold power 30-40 seconds while plugged into charger.

Patricia_12

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
Thank you for the above information. I tried holding the down volume button for 10 seconds, holding both the power button and the down volume button for 10 seconds, this did not work. I connected to my pc and it started to charge and came back to life!!!!! I disconnected from the pc and plugged it into on outlet. It is charging perfectly and I was able to turn it on and off without any problems.

Victoria_4

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Thank you so much! My Samsung pro tablet wouldn't turn on despite plugging in the charger. I read through the thread and pressed only the up and down volume button with the charger plugged in, no luck. Then, I held the power button along with the volume button and the tablet turned on, showing 91%...

ChromeBlut

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
this is happening with my samsung galaxy grand quattro (gti8552) and i've tried everything that is here! my phone is not charging or even booting up. however when i take out the battery and push it back in, the screen lights up for a second shows the "sansung" text for a second or so and then goes off again. Please help! is there any way to get this fixed without replacing the battery or anything?!

princess_627

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015
a little girl grabbed my tablet and dropped while it was charging it it had no cracks or anything so she put it back where it was charging then in the morning the charger was in my tablet but the charger was bented and so i toke out the charger and tried turning on my tablet and it didn't turn on so i grabbed a different charger and plugged it in my pc and nothing still worked i tryed every thing you guys said to do nothing worked what should i do.

JAYION

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
Help... i have a samsung galaxy tab s and the battery goes down really fast... even when i am not using it it loses a lot of battery. Now,its screen is black and i cant do anything with it. I literally tried everything you guys said, except the pc charging thing. I dont have a pc at home so i cant use it. Please help.

Anne_55

Estimable
Jan 10, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.