My Samsung tablet won't turn on!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinSanao

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I've had my tablet charging for over an hour now and it won't turn on. It doesn't even show the battery charging loading screen. I've held down on the power button for long periods of time but it ends up as just a black screen. I don't know what to do :(... My parents are gonna kill me if they know my tablets not working.

atty

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Thanks. As I said, I have tried all the "hold down" button fixes, but nada. Just wondering about the charging circuit.....USB or A/C port....or both?

Thehoodedgumboot

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
My tablet would not turn on. Doing the usual power holding and volume up/down did not power it on or show anything on the display. Plugging the charger in shown me that it was charged fully. Having the charger plugged in was the only time it would display the battery charge.

I decided to take off my back cover and look at the battery. Upon pulling the battery out the wires came of the battery connector leaving the connector still plugged into the motherboard. This was my problem. I took off the connector and simply pushed the wires from the battery back into the connector until they felt in place. Then re attached it to the motherboard and it powered on.

Hope this helps someone.

raggedyb

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I've had this same problem. My Samsung tab 4 was charging and suddenly it died. Ive tried a replacement battery, all of the button combinations and charging it on the computer. Nothing seems to be working, the screen stays black and the top part on the back warms up a little when it's charging. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.