My Samsung tablet won't turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinSanao

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I've had my tablet charging for over an hour now and it won't turn on. It doesn't even show the battery charging loading screen. I've held down on the power button for long periods of time but it ends up as just a black screen. I don't know what to do :(... My parents are gonna kill me if they know my tablets not working.

B3ShO

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
did u try to push the down sound button and the power button together ? are u sure the charger is working , just try to connect it to a pc with usb , if all this don't work plz tell us :)

Diane_909

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014
I am having the same problem!! I tried to hard reset it and I also have it hooked up to the pc currently and still gettting nothing. I took it apart detached all the ribbons then reconnected it. nothing. I left it charging all night. nothing. I have a Q7 Tablet.

Wise721

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015
I had the same problem happen on my son's tablet. It would show charging then turn off. I left it a few days charhing to see if helped but it was the same. All that you need to do is hold down the "Volume Down" button for 10 seconds (make sure it's plugged in). Your tablet will start charging again. This happens when your tablet drains completely. I purposely let my daughter's tablet drain also to test this theory and it also worked. I hope it helps.

Ivylaine

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Wise721, thank you! I've been having the same problem for days and tried every solution I read - nothing worked. Until your solution of holding the volume down button for a while (mine took about 15 seconds by my stopwatch) but it worked like a charm! You're a rock god!

dennis0212

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015

I have a samsung 8.4 I restarted it and now it doesn't come on. its just black . bottom multi window and return button are on . how can I fix it

cmperl

Estimable
May 7, 2015
I tried this holding the power and volume-down for 10 seconds. I know it said to make sure it is plugged in, but I didn't have my chord available at the time. This works I guess as long as it is charged, and I'm glad it's back up and running. Anyone know what might have caused it to do this in the first place?

sallyf

Estimable
May 14, 2015
hold down the "Volume Down" button for 10 seconds (make sure it's plugged in). Your tablet will start charging again.
Thank you so much this worked perfectly.

erisleci14

Estimable
May 16, 2015
hold down the "Volume Down" button for 10 seconds (make sure it's plugged in). Your tablet will start charging again.

I tried this it just vibrate for a second then it shows a loading screen and then its turning off again what can i do to fix it

Samsung xCover

Need2fix

Estimable
May 30, 2015
I have had this problem with 2 of my Samsung tablets. The solution is simple, but you need to take your time and have a steady hand. Get a Tupperware orange peeler. You need a plastic wedge to gently pry open the case. The orange peeler has that on one end. With your fingernails gently get your nail between the back cover and the edge of the tablet until your nail slips in. Put the tapered end of the peeler in the gap you created. Gently move the peeler along the edge of the plastic. You will hear the clips coming undone as you go. Take your time and don't force anything. Once you have worked your way all around the back cover, you can gently remove it. On the back of the printed circuit board are a few connectors. These are tiny plugs that take a ribbon cable and plug it into a tiny socket on the pc board. This is likely where your problem is. On my Tab 3, the problem was the ribbon cable from the power button to the pc board. On my Tab S it was the ribbon cable from the usb port to the pc board. One by one use the wedge end of the peeler to gently lift the ribbon cable plug from its socket. Reset the connector back into its socket and try to turn on the tablet. Continue to check all the connectors and sockets. When you find the one that was the problem, cut a small piece of electrical tape and place it on the back of the offending connector. This will apply a tiny amount of additional force to push the connector into its socket. Convinced that you have found the problem, get some silicone glue and a toothpick. With the toothpick apply a tiny trace of glue along the plastic where the lid clips into the body. Then gently place the back cover where it should be and push it on to hear each clip as it clicks. When you have them all clicked in, you are done. Congratulations! You fixed it.

tauseefhaider143

Estimable
May 31, 2015
I having same problem but I tried the "volume down" button option but happened nothing. The problem exactly is that yesterday I was trying to upgrade my tab p1000 to its official gingerbread andro version by using Odin, but I have placed the things wrong. I go into download mod and start odin while installing it got failed and from that time my tablet won't charge or even start, it constantly showing black screen. Help me brother any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

tauseefhaider143

Estimable
May 31, 2015
I having same problem but I tried the "volume down" button option but happened nothing. The problem exactly is that yesterday I was trying to upgrade my tab p1000 to its official gingerbread andro version by using Odin, but I have placed the things wrong. I go into download mod and start odin while installing it got failed and from that time my tablet won't charge or even start, it constantly showing black screen. Help me brother any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Serene Ng

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
THANKS SO MUCH!
My Samsung Galazy Note Pro Tablet suddenly could turn on. I tried pushing the on button and charging it and it still doesn't work!

When I connected my charger to the plug to charge, I pushed down both the 'On/Off' & 'Volune Down' buttons together for about 10 seconds.
My screen lit up and showed a Warning message about installing OS. I clicked the 'Volume Down' button again to cancel & restart my tablet.

Now, it's on and working!!

P.S when my tablet boot up, the battery is still 60%, dunno why it died :/

samantha sp

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
Hi, I have a Samsung tab 3 and I've also experienced power button issues. The problem is... the little button has not sprung back from its last press. If you look closely, you'll see that the power button is still depressed, compare it to the volume button. Gently press on the glass face of the screen by the power button, the power button should pop back out. Problem solved.

kalikotpepot

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Model: SGT P100

First, remove the SD Card and sim card. Press the Power button +Volume Up at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Release the power button when the Samsung logo pops up, but continue to hold the Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select one from the four options as indicated on the picture above, press Home to choose the selection. I suggest that you simply reboot, this alone might do the trick.

This procedure resurrected my galaxy tab:)

Oje

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

I am havng this same problem. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S was low on battery, driving out i plugged it into my car charger then it went blank. I wasnt really worried and figured its probably because the car charger is not strong enough. This was this morning..its been blank ever since. I have pressed and pressed i dont know what to do now.

HarryVis

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, with (rooted) Android 5.0.2 and for me worked too: pressing volume down and on/off button together for several seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.