My Satellite E45t-A4100 entered sleep mode and I can't get it to wake up. I've held the power button down for 30 seconds and

Castiel_1

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
I've held down the power button for thirty seconds with and without being plugged in. The battery in internal and I don't have a screwdriver small enough for the screws, so I cant just remove the battery and plug it back in.

Solution
I don't think 20 second holds and taking the battery out will do anything to affect booting.

Holding the power button for 5 seconds signals the circuitry to generate a reset, and it is fully as good as taking the battery out for booting problems. Certain hardware subsystems (network, etc) may behave differently on cold boot but it won't change the fact that it won't boot at all.

The critical thing that I haven't heard is whether it has power. Does the power light come on when it's plugged in? What does the battery charge light indicate? I would plug it in, let it sit for a few seconds, observe the lights, and then hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do another hard reboot, unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, I would suggest to open the laptop and take the battery off. But if you really can't take it off proceed with reseating the RAM's but it would also require you opening the back part of the laptop.
- To reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If there's really no way you'll be able to open the laptop I would suggest contacting Toshiba support if the laptop is still under the factory warranty for a repair.

device_node

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
I don't think 20 second holds and taking the battery out will do anything to affect booting.

Holding the power button for 5 seconds signals the circuitry to generate a reset, and it is fully as good as taking the battery out for booting problems. Certain hardware subsystems (network, etc) may behave differently on cold boot but it won't change the fact that it won't boot at all.

The critical thing that I haven't heard is whether it has power. Does the power light come on when it's plugged in? What does the battery charge light indicate? I would plug it in, let it sit for a few seconds, observe the lights, and then hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Solution