My Sd won't work

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

muizuvais

Commendable
May 13, 2016
My memory card gets recognized in my laptop and I moved a lot of very important files into it, but after some time, I open it and there are no files which I can see even though it says 17 gb has been already used in it

I kindly ask for your help please

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
right click on the drive and select properties...go to "Tools" and click on "Check Now"...then tick mark both the check boxes and execute...
alternatively...open cmd at elevated level and execute this command on the target disk... chkdsk /r/f

muizuvais

Commendable
May 13, 2016

i did the cmd command and it said the type of file is exFAT, it also said chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process, chkdsk will run if that volume is dismounted 1st, all open handles to this volume would then be invalid, so it asked if I would dismount this volume, should I?

I also clicked check from tools in da properties of the drive and it said there are no errors

So what should I do now?

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
well...honestly, i am out of my wits now...we have exhausted all possible types of soft fixes here...
if the data is tht important, u shd consider some professional services maybe...
i donno wat else to suggest u...
srry mate...