My Sony Vaio shows it is connected to the Internet but won't open anything from the web. Help!

Saga Lout

Olde English
Well done. Don't run fo rlong without an AV. Any post 2000 Windows OS except 10 will acceept the free Microsoft Security Essentiials from their website and that will work well with Windows Defender. Make sure the Windows Firewall is also active.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try and reset the browser you're using.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if it will work or not.
- If it will still not work try to also disable the Antivirus software you're using.
- And lastly, if all these will not work last option would be to reinstall Windows.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Well done. Don't run fo rlong without an AV. Any post 2000 Windows OS except 10 will acceept the free Microsoft Security Essentiials from their website and that will work well with Windows Defender. Make sure the Windows Firewall is also active.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1