My speakers make constant, almost painful ssssssssss sound

zekesinner

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
Hey, as title says it, i have a problem.

I have bought cheap 7$ or speakers, which is not a problem itself, since i just want to use them for one month, then i will buy something better. But im afraid of 2 things:

1) It will drive my nuts in that month.

2)better speakers will also have similar issue

It something similar to an constant ssss sound (there is no cracking, trashing and such, its like sound you would consider worst torture after 24h of listening to it). It gets louder if i rise the volume. For some weird reason its also get louder if i connect my speakers by front usb panel (both front and back ports are usb3, tho front may be 3.1)

The mobo is Mortar Arctic H270, but old monitor with build-in speakers had no such problem.
Speakers are called Tracer's Quanto Black (prolly going by different name outside of Poland?), and are connected via jack and usb.

And, if that helps, im also running LTS ubuntu on this pc, but as i have said there was no issue with build-in speakers (i use same jack port).

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
To me it sounds like poor cabling / grounding within the speakers themselves. If every connection on the speakers are tight and you have a good solid connection on the PC then most likely it is just poor quality speakers. Do not think it has anything to do with your usb / front panel.

zekesinner

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

You know whats weird? I have my keyboard connected via front usb port, and when i have turned off backlight... that noise went quieter. Imo it does not even make sense...