My ssd Wont show in Boot list in Bios

May 11, 2018
Hello I just bought a new gaming laptop and the ssd that it came with was small and slow so I bought the new 1TB samsung M.2 NVME ssd and when I installed that I wanted that too be my boot drive and install windows on it then obviously. Soo I install windows onto my thumb drive and boot on that where I went throught the windows prompts to click the new samsung drive that I installed and installed windows too that. Then It restarted correctly no issues but just went back to the blue windows screen again to start the process all over. Then I went into Bios only the other drive was showing up for a boot option and I checked for the options to change that drive it didnt show up. So I took out the old drive put the new one in the first sata slot and did the process all over again doing a clean sweep with the thumb drive re installing windows on it just in case. I also deleted everything on the samsung drive manually through Command prompt and formatted it through the windows setup. It installed windows onto it succesfully and then it went right back to it after it restarted. Then I removed the flash restarted, still nothing now its just a computer needs service or whatever. Then I went back to the bios where it showed up that it was still connected to the computer but would not show up as an option to use it as a boot. Im not using Legacy either im using windows 10 also.

• Im using windows 10
    Brand new ssd from Samsung m.2 1Tb NVME
    Was in there by itself in slot 1
    Did windows downloads multiple times on the thumb drive from multiple computers
    Made sure it was unallocated storage
    Shows up in Bios for \storage list
    The ssd works normally I can put files on it
    Bios was updated
    It is a compatible ssd for computer its sold by 3rd party with it preinstalled.
    Im using UEFI mode in Bios
Could there be a way to optimize it for UEFI mode?
please help thank you

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from zarnott : "New ssd won't show up in bios for boot drive"