My start menu, desktop, icons have disappeared on windows 10 hp pc. What can I do to restore them

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosebud53rn

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
I have an HP pc desktop and have 'lost' my start menu, desktop and icons. What can I do to restore them. I've tried alt+ctrl+del and explorer.exe with no success. Please help.

Solution
It is definitely possible as Sims has said that you have enabled tablet mode, by going to the bottom right corner click the chat box icon, and make sure nothing is set to hidden, or tablet mode. This can really be your culprit in this situation. Also for more knowledge, dual screen setup is when you have two monitors set up side by side on the same computer, sometimes your computer detects a "Ghost Monitor" or a monitor that doesnt actually exist and set it by default on accident. The more you know!

rosebud53rn

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

sims3000000

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
It sounds like you inadvertently turned on tablet mode. In the bottom right corner next to the clock, click what appears to be a chat box looking icon. It will bring up a menu on the right side of the screen. Towards the bottom of that menu you will see various buttons. Find the one that is labeled tablet mode and click it.

Darkvillain

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
It is definitely possible as Sims has said that you have enabled tablet mode, by going to the bottom right corner click the chat box icon, and make sure nothing is set to hidden, or tablet mode. This can really be your culprit in this situation. Also for more knowledge, dual screen setup is when you have two monitors set up side by side on the same computer, sometimes your computer detects a "Ghost Monitor" or a monitor that doesnt actually exist and set it by default on accident. The more you know!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.