Solved! My switchable graphics cards, don't work

Aug 25, 2019
I have a Hp Pavilion 15 Notebook laptop, that features an AMD Radeon R4 as an integrated graphics card, and an AMD Radeon R7 M260 as an dedicated graphics card. I have installed the proper drivers for both cards, I have configured them from the AMD software, and I've tried everything there is on the internet, but I can't use the dedicated graphics cards. Whenever i try to set an application to High Performance, it just allocates it to the integrated card.

Solution
Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
  2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
  4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also...
Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
  2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
  4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

Solution