my tablet will not turn on

Solution
You are certain it is actually charged? I ask because just plugging it in doesn't always get you the charge. If it was not showing it was charging, then it may not have worked, plugged in or not.

Also, is it the whole tablet that won't turn on, or just the screen won't?

Try holding down the power button for about 20-30 seconds and see if it will turn on then.

You should make sure there is nothing in the plug (the part that goes into the device, on the cord) or in the devices port. Dust, lint, dirt, etc., can get into it and then it can cause you not to get a connection that will work right.

There could also be a problem with the charger, the charger port and/or the battery itself.

First you need to make sure the charger cord...
You are certain it is actually charged? I ask because just plugging it in doesn't always get you the charge. If it was not showing it was charging, then it may not have worked, plugged in or not.

Also, is it the whole tablet that won't turn on, or just the screen won't?

Try holding down the power button for about 20-30 seconds and see if it will turn on then.

You should make sure there is nothing in the plug (the part that goes into the device, on the cord) or in the devices port. Dust, lint, dirt, etc., can get into it and then it can cause you not to get a connection that will work right.

There could also be a problem with the charger, the charger port and/or the battery itself.

First you need to make sure the charger cord working. You will need to try a different cord or try using that cord you have in a different device.

Should that not be the problem, you would need to then see if it is the battery. Again, by trying a different one.

If both the battery and cord are working fine, check to see if the port is loose. When you put in the charger cord does it wiggle? If so the port may be loose or damaged. If this is the case it would need to be looked at (unless you feel comfortable doing the work yourself) and probably replaced. Which would (in most cases) include changing out the motherboard as well, as the port is attached to it.

If not, and you are certain it is actually charged, you may be reduced to trying a "Hard Reset" of the device. Which will wipe all data you have on it. So I really suggest using that as a last resort.

If none of this is the issue, then you may well need to replace the tablet.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS