My Thumb is My Passport: Using Biometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i have an MS fingerprint scanner, when might the drivers come out for windows vista x64???

Lt Smash

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
That last paragraph about scar messing up your biometric reading...does this mean that I can't use biometrics since I'm a diabetic? I prick my fingers 10-15 times a day so I've got constant scar tissue forming and healing...that would suck if I couldn't, cause I've always dreamed of fingerprint door locks.

G

A word of caution for fingerprint readers. Well not so much the readers but the act of using them for security. The US Gov't can't force you to give up your password because it's 'something you know'. But they can make you give up your fingerprints because it's 'something you are'. They can legally compel you to open your computer since it's just your fingerprint as the password. If you have a typed password, they can't.

G

Beware, this is the first few steps before the "mark of the beast". No I'm not religious, it's just kind of freakish to see the book of "Revelations" happen right before our eyes since y2k...

G

Well, these things don't work worth a squat, these finger print readers do not work for me. The technology needs to be further developed, before it can be wide spread.

G

BewareOfDolphy- I agree, There's no way anyone should agree with this especially seeing as how the pentagon went on record as saying they want every americans thumb print and eye identification.

I'm not even a religious person but I can see this "can't buy or sell with out the mark" thing coming.

G

Not a too good way for security, while we leave almost our finger print everywhere...

G

They need to fast track the fingerprint readers and make them part of every day life. Only those with criminal tendencies will have an issue with it. As I live in the country with the highest crime rate I am willing to give up freedom for a safer environment and loger life.

G

I don't see the security in fingerprint readers. It's just as easy to bypass them. If anything it offers password text security without having to remember anything. As government databases become more widespread with the use of fingerprinting, why would you want your own personal information stored with the same "key" (fingerprint) that the government has on file? Sounds ridiculous.

G

i agree with PixelPusher220, in the future when fingerprint is used as password to almost everything, e-mail or banking, etc. i think there'll be a lot of folks loosing their thumbs because some crooks cut 'em!

G

The book of revelations, is written and followed by the illumanati and who sell the mark of the beast to the brainwashed public.....

Status
Not open for further replies.