My toshiba satellite c655 displaying PXE-M0F: No bootable device

Jun 8, 2018
I was trying to format my toshiba satellite c655 with new OS but it's not working, now when i turn it on, it says: check cable connection! PXE-M0F : Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key. I changed the boot order at the bios but still can't locate my installation media (USB) for the installation to begin. I have absolutely no idea what to do.. someone please help me!!!

Solution
Seems like you corrupted your OS/HDD while formatting the HDD and because of that it is trying to boot from network(PXE). And for USB boot, i think your secure boot is enabled and legacy support is disabled in the BIOS. Disable Secure-Boot and enable Legacy support and now you should be able to boot from USB...

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Seems like you corrupted your OS/HDD while formatting the HDD and because of that it is trying to boot from network(PXE). And for USB boot, i think your secure boot is enabled and legacy support is disabled in the BIOS. Disable Secure-Boot and enable Legacy support and now you should be able to boot from USB...

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from phastawasty : "PXE-M0F: No bootable device"