my toshiba satellite c850-1d2 laptop powers on for a second and powers off an repeatidly does this until the battery runs flat

lynx88

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
my toshiba satellite c850-1d2 laptop powers on for a second and powers off an repeatedly does this until the battery runs flat or i take the battery out.. I've bought a new battery as that's what I thought it was.. I've tried holding 0 and the power button but nothing and I don't know what to do and I don't want my pants pulled down to get it fixed... What could it be an how could it be sorted please any solutions welcome

Solution
Make sure your using the recommended power supply for that model. Too low of wattage can cause overdrawing during charging and shut the works off with safety settings programmed on the mainboard. A non-functioning fan will cause this as well. If you can enable logging errors in the bios do it. Then check for the reason from the breadcrumbs
There are a few possibilities here, could be a short in the laptop somewhere, could be one (or more) bad cap(s), could be a voltage regulation IC and (easiest) could be a bad CMOS battery. Has the laptop ever shut down on it's own without warning (while you were using it)?
How adverse are you to the idea of disassembling your laptop?

PCIBUSDRIVER

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Make sure your using the recommended power supply for that model. Too low of wattage can cause overdrawing during charging and shut the works off with safety settings programmed on the mainboard. A non-functioning fan will cause this as well. If you can enable logging errors in the bios do it. Then check for the reason from the breadcrumbs

Solution