my usb sticks make my computer cut out what is wrong

Steven_80

Commendable
May 2, 2016
when I put my usb stick into my computer slot for the usb stick it cuts out the power to my computer just like short circuit I have to take battery out and also dc then when I turn computer on again the computer works but still cant use usbs

Hi,

Does it happen to any USB devices you plugin to your laptop or does it happen to just 1 specific device? If it's happening only to 1 specific USB device that could mean that the problem is with that device only not the laptop but if it's happening with any USB device into any USB ports in your laptop that could mean that there's a short circuited part inside the motherboard. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try the USB device again.
- If the same problem will still persist, do uninstall/reinstall the USB drivers in Device Manager.
- And if that will still not work I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the laptop for a repair. (that is if all USB devices or USB ports is causing it to shutdown).