My Vizio smart TV don't have a coaxial to hook up to cable or antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Pretty weird of TV manufacturers to leave out a coax connection on a TV when more people are cutting cable and going to free Over-The-Air antennas. I guess they figure the little savings on having an ATSC tuner is a good idea. Most people have 'Cable Boxes' with HDMI out, or some other kind of HDMI feed.
You would need to buy an ATSC external tuner ( * LIKE THIS * ).
It would work for local OTA reception off antenna, and probably work with most cable channels is signals are typically encrypted on modern digital cable systems, and the set-top box must be activated by an activation code sent by the cable company before it will function
Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys, so my new Vizio I just got a P50-C1 doesn't have a Coaxial connection either. I get my cable directly from the wall, previously I hooked it up to my older vizio and just tunned it on there. Anybody know what I can do?

dudio

Admirable
Pretty weird of TV manufacturers to leave out a coax connection on a TV when more people are cutting cable and going to free Over-The-Air antennas. I guess they figure the little savings on having an ATSC tuner is a good idea. Most people have 'Cable Boxes' with HDMI out, or some other kind of HDMI feed.
You would need to buy an ATSC external tuner ( * LIKE THIS * ).
It would work for local OTA reception off antenna, and probably work with most cable channels is signals are typically encrypted on modern digital cable systems, and the set-top box must be activated by an activation code sent by the cable company before it will function

Solution
What you bought is
VIZIO SmartCast™ E-series 50” Class Home Theater Display w/ Chromecast built-in | E50x-E1
not a TV.

So, if you want to watch over-the-air TV programmes with antennae, you'll need an external ATSC tuner as the one @dudio proposed.

I don't see a problem with the "Display"-only part, as long as this is clearly marked on the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.